Sunday, March 9, 2008

making my mother worry.

So...Josh is visiting now and got me really excited about an idea. I think I am going to teach English in Taiwan starting in January.

Why?

Josh loved it there. It will be good experience. I will work 20 hours a week, make more than I make now, and spend about 100 dollars a month on rent and utilities. WHAT? This just seems to be a good idea of something to do before I head off to grad school. And I can save some monies.

After a year there, I hope to go teach English somewhere French speaking. Then...I'd like to go do the school stuff.

I am getting certified to teach English abroad in May. It's a six week course. I don't necessarily need to do this course to get a job, but I think it would be interesting to get trained in this stuff. I really would like to teach, so this is a baby step in learning how to do it.

I am so excited about all this stuff. Writing it out helps me not totally flip out from all the excitement, and since I just want to sleep for the next 9 or so months and wake up and be doing this stuff...I should probably search for ways to calm myself and focus on my current position in space and time so not to take it for granted. Sometimes I get so caught up making plans for the future that I forget about my life in the present.*

*That non-sentence is the kind of bad grammar makes English teachers cry. Kind of ironic, since I am thinking about teaching English. Hopefully, the knowledge I have to share will stay sort of basic. Haha.

No comments: