Saturday, June 28, 2008

plans.

Portfolio pieces as of now right now.

1. 三百六十五 (that's 365 in mandarin)
A record of one year's time in Taiwan learning mandarin. Photos, drawings, collected artifacts, lesson plans, ideas. Learning Chinese is important for career development. China is big and being a person who understands it will be a key asset in my career--especially in design because 1,000,000 people a year graduate in graphic design in china, compared to 200,000 overall american designers right now.

2. Type portraits
Use typefaces to do intricate, large paintings of typographers.

3. Junk sculpture
Guerrilla art: use one year's saved junk mail to make junk mail monsters coming out of mail boxes. Done in efforts to vent my frustration on a the design medium I love so much (in its pure forms) that makes me create junk mail to sustain myself financially...sidenote: I am fully aware that it is necesary that I should "pay my dues" and I am happy to do so, but I think that while I'm paying my dues, there is no reason why I shouldn't be trying to understand things and make them better.

4. AIGA
Type-night poster. Band posters for alterna-fest

5. Make Data
Do something awesome and fun...a drawing...video...song...intensely, not knowing the direction that it is leading into. Use this drawing to inspire an intelligent document of important information which is designed very carefully, intricately, and intelligently.

6. Teacher Brand
Use the power of design to facilitate and strengthen something of importance. Teachers don't have the money to invest in design but deserve it.

7. RQ
Using design in a facet that will inspire creatively and make life more meaningful. The future of design will be inspired my the rising creative class. More and more we are seeing that science cannot do everything on its own and we need creative thinkers to drive good change.

8. Sketchbook
Evidence that a person is always thinking and always in search of new ideas.

9. Sustainability
Something?

10. Sagmeister
Postcard and photos. Important because I enjoyed being a part of something that was dedicated to a designer who has made his way doing what he think is right.

No comments: