Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New idea - brain

I think the idea of the human brain (sounds so gross put that way) is the driving force in what I do, investigate, and what will probably inspire any painting I do.

So...I have an idea that any painting I do (at least in this stage of my thinking and painting) should have a brain. But a literal image of the brain is not quite right because what I love about our brains is the ability abstract ideas in order to make it more efficient to build upon others ideas for generation upon generation.

So, I think I was use abstract versions of "brain" that the human brain has conjured up to represent the brain - and that would be words. Language. I want to use the word or character for brain in different languages (with making sure to choose the appropriate painting to compliment the ideas and intent of the painting).

But the idea would be that an abstract structure of the brain would concretely structure the abstact representation of a person's story.

Below is a hopefully less confusing visual presentation of this idea:

No comments: