Sunday, January 24, 2010

Michaelangelo

I've had a special warm spot for Michaelangelo ever since reading the historical novel about him that my mom gave me. And then it was pretty amazing seeing his masterpieces in person.

Some ideas I remember really loving about him were that he sculpted because he wanted to feel closer to God. I'm not especially religious, but I think that's a really special idea. His sculptures were amazing, but he was also pressured and ordered to do his paintings when he would have much rather been sculpting. Everyone knows him for the Sistine Chapel, but his real love was painting. Interesting.

I think every artist should strive to have this kind of passion for the possibilities in life. I know I'll never be at this level, but it's nice to try and become inspired by his passion within my own capabilities.






No comments: